Scootermania - Eric Dutra treated me good

Seattle, Washington 1 comment

about a month ago i was looking for a motor for my Honda scooter. I was having trouble finding one, but then someone contacted me on a message board named sandiegoscooters and said he had the motor, plus all the other parts i needed. He said he owned a shop called "Point Loma Scooters" We were emailing each other back and forth and everything was good, but then i googled him and i found 4 or 5 bad reviews on him, and it swayed me and i told him i was going to find a different motor. Then the next day, i found one on e-bay from twowheelhelp. I emailed him and asked him if he had all the other parts i needed. I got a response from Mike Lala and he said he had everything i needed. So Then i called him to ask a few questions and he answered the phone "Point Loma Scooters" So this threw me off a little bit, because Eric (sandiegoscooters on the message board) had said he owned point loma scooters. So i asked the man on the phone if he knew Eric Dutra. He said he had never heard of him, So i told him the story, and he still said he had ever heard of him. So then the deal went through on ebay and i got my invoice and it said send payment to Eric Dutra. So it appeared to me he had lied saying he had never heard of him. I told him i would be 5 dollars extra for a tracking number and insurance. He said that was fine. So i paypalled him the money on a Saturday. So on the following tuesday (The day his shop opens after the weekend) He called me to make sure he included everything i needed. Then he sent me a usps tracking number. Everything looked good. But after a couple days i started getting worried because the tracking number never changed. A week went by and i was starting to get really worried, but then i talked to some people and they said that usps uses confirmation numbers and it wouldn't change until my package had already showed up. Well yesterday my motor showed up (mailed from Eric Dutra), everything looked good, i checked the usps number and sure enough it changed to saying it had been delivered. Today i worked with the motor, cleaned it up and got it started. It ran good, and i have no complaints with the motor. Only complaints i really have are that i asked for a tracking number and instead got a confirmation number. (Which i think is pretty minor) and that he lied about not knowing Eric Dutra. I don't know if Eric and Mike are two different people but i know at the very least they work together. But I really don't care because the motor showed up and was perfectly as described. So all in all i was paranoid for nothing and i had a good experience with him.

For google: Eric Dutra Mike Lala sandiegoscooters san diego scooters point loma scooters scootermainia

Review about: Honda Elite Se50 Motor.

Comments

Sounds to me that Eric was posing as the owner of Point Loma Scooters on the forum, and when you called PL Scooters you got Mike who would not know Eric at SD scooters.

As a local to SD both shops have their quirks and share of very annoying behaviors and poor service. PL Scooters is mostly a FLY dealer while SD Scooters is mostly Lance and Tank.

The fact that both work on these China scoots is still a bonus. But when in doubt call Darrin in Ocean Beach 619-405-7467 he's mobile, not shop rent to cover and knows his scooters and at last time only $35 an hour and will teach you basic wrenching on these basic engines.

Sorry Eric and Mike, but service is your Bread and Butter and treating people poorly and charging autoshop rates for 1 cyl engines is pretty weak.

Scootermania - Eric Dutra has bad business ethics

San Diego, California 2 comments

I brought my son's E300 scooter to Eric (scooter mania - 3235 Byron St, SD) in January 08 for repair.My 8 yr old son (now 9 yrs old) waited and waited...

I called, left message, no response. I did get hold of him and he said he's waiting on parts. By end of March, I went there and he gave me the excuse about no parts yet. I asked for the scooter and walked off pissed!!!!!

Do not seek his business. You will be disappointed. My 9 year old did not understand getting the scooter back and it not working!!!

Very disappointed!

Review about: E300 Razor Electric Scooter.

Paris, Tennessee, United States #14191

Eric is a 'talker', like Dan said "he makes up excuses" which are LIES, and he drags more than his feet.

A POOR EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN PERSON.

Fort-De-France, Martinique, Martinique #13248

Eric Dutra is a nice guy when it comes to getting your business. Once he has your business he will drag his foot and make up excuses about the service he was supposed to perform.

Scootermania - Eric dutra of san diego scooters is a A+ shop

San Diego, California 3 comments

eric dutra of san diego scooters scootermania in san diego serviced my bike this month very promptly and professionally considering that it is a entry level economy scooter.their are practically no shops that are willing to work on these scooters including some of the other "all brand" scooter shops.

Eric also told me about the customers that wrote the neagtive feedback andI cannot beleive the fact that someone who instead of dealing with him directly would go and be annomous on this forum and vent out. Eric even told tme that the guy who complained aboutthe service actually took off with his scooter withoutpaying the remaining balance that he owed the shop!

dont give up eric and I would strongly reccomend going to his shop for your service requirements!Chris

Review about: San Diego Scooters.

Paris, Tennessee, United States #14187

I complained, and  NOT annomous, I listed my name. I had tried to deal with this guy directly for two months. But he just gives me the 'run-around' and lies.

So therefore I had listed a complaint.

He owes me money and refuses to pay.

He is full of BS. PERIOD !!!

Fort-De-France, Martinique, Martinique #13241

I'm not at all surprised that Eric Dutra would write fake reviews to salvage his poor reputation.

Las Pinas City, Manila, Philippines #12426

dude, your only good review with the "A+" in the title is totally posted by you, eric dutra

the same really lousy spelling

lame, man, totally lame

Scootermania - Eric Dutra of San Diego Scooters is a Scam

San Diego, California 4 comments

I had Eric Dutra of San Diego Scooters on Garnet Ave.in Pacific Beach work on my scooter.

He was formerly Scootermania. He Charged me $75hr + tax for work he didn't even do at his supposed shop. He constantly lies about the work that was done and keeps your old parts and sells them on Ebay or keeps them for his own use to use on another repair job. I tried calling him back numerous times and he didn't answer the phone.

Keep in mind this is supposed to be a work number.

I would not deal with this person.

Comments

all talk have the balls and come on over and we will work it out like a man

"I also answer all calls within 24 hours"

That statement is false Eric.I called you three times in a six week period.

I can publish phone records that prove that you never return my calls.

Shady Shady Character.My next step will be a visit.

Paris, Tennessee, United States #14194

Eric, you are full of BS, I for one have been "big enough of a man" and reveald myself several times to you and you still refuse to send me the refund that even you said you were going to send. Talk, talk, talk, is ALL you do. And all your talk is lies !!!

Utica, Michigan, United States #3638

Hello, If you are a big enough of a man,(or woman)

reveal yourself and your particular problem and I will be glad to solve your problem.I know all of the service jobs that I have done both doccumented and by memory in this shop.

Hiding anonomosly on this forum isnt going to resolve the problem.

I also answer all calls within 24 hours.Please contact us @ 858 829 2316 Thank you eric

View more comments